Sunday, June 10, 2007

Steak & Chicken - You Can't Go Wrong




My husband said today – “This is why you married me” as he fed me a piece of grilled chicken freshly removed from our new charcoal grill/smoker. Though it is by far not the only reason we wed, FunkDaddy does make a mean piece of BBQed meat. The way that the juice flows from any meat he grills is astounding.

For dinner we had steak, chicken, grilled potatoes, and beet greens. Also, we had a salad with baby greens, feta cheese, cucumbers, radishes, daikon, and chow mein noodles. I topped mine with a ginger vinaigrette dressing that fits perfectly with the salad’s Asian fusion theme. This meal alone makes me hopeful at the start of grill season.

The beet greens for this meal came from Cut N Clean Greens. I absolutely love that they carry these in so many grocery stores now, as they have made a quick and easy way to incorporate greens into my everyday life, where I may not always have the time to clean a couple bundles of collards or kale on a busy day. They come in a ton of varieties from collard greens, kale and mustard greens, to the country and European blends. Check them out!

No comments: